It is a great feeling when your doctor knows you well and understands where you come from.
Wouldn’t it be great if your health plan did too?
We do. We are local.
Lighthouse Health Plan is a Medicaid plan here for you and your family.
Providers and Benefits:
Lighthouse is led by local doctors. We have a large number of doctors in our network.
We also have a large number of extra benefits.
We bring your health care, health plan, and community services together, making it easy for you to find the services you need to live better.
Healthy Behaviors -
We offer programs to help keep you healthy and to help you live a healthier life (like losing weight or quitting smoking). We call these healthy behavior programs. You can earn rewards while participating in these programs.
Special Care -
We have special programs available that will help the care you receive be better care.
• Complex Care Program - helping members with advanced illness and/or multiple disease states
• Condition Care Health Education - providing education on a specific disease state
• Diabetes Self-Management Education - available to members with Type 1 Diabetes
• Maternity Care - education program for expectant mothers
• Transitional Care Program - focused on at-risk members and reducing avoidable hospital readmission
• Right Care Right Time - promoting appropriate levels of care, connecting members to primary care and preventing avoidable emergency room visits
• Special Health Care Needs - assisting members with special health care needs, including Early Intervention Services, Medical Foster Care, and other unique healthcare needs
• Catastrophic Care - assisting members with complex healthcare needs docused on stabilizing members by coordinating care with primary care and specialists
Lighthouse Health Plan is a local provider-sponsored community-based health plan administering Florida Medicaid benefits in Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton, Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Taylor, Wakulla, and Washington Counties.
Lighthouse Health Plan is a Managed Care Plan with a Florida Medicaid Contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the Managed Care Plan. Limitations, copayments, and/or restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change.
To join our network of providers:
Please contact us at:
To become a member:
Step 1. Apply for Medicaid.
Step 2. Choose Lighthouse Health Plan.
Step 3. Sign up for the member portal.
Step 1. Apply for Medicaid
First, you must qualify for Florida Medicaid. Medicaid provides medical coverage to low income people and families. The Department of Children and Families (DCF) will decide if you qualify.
You may qualify if you are a:
• Low income family with children
• Pregnant woman
• Non-Citizen with a medical emergency
• Disabled or elderly person not already on Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
You can apply online.
You can apply by phone:
Call 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you are deaf, you can use Florida Relay:
711 or 1-800-955-8771
Step 2. Choose Lighthouse Health Plan
Next, if you qualify for Medicaid, the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) will send you a letter. The letter will ask you to choose a plan. To choose a plan, go to the State Enrollment Broker website or call a Choice Counselor.
Join online with the State Enrollment Broker.
Call toll free:
Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 8:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm
Call with your pin. If you do not know your pin, contact the Department of Children and Families.
24/7 Automated Phone System.
Step 3. Sign up for the member portal
Last, register for the member portal. With the member portal, you can take care of your health. If you need help, please call our customer service line.